Truths about Gardasil and cervical cancer are suppressed

Examiner.com

April 24, 5:52 PMVaccines ExaminerNorma Erickson

Excerpt from Emily Tarsell’s testimony on Gardasil to the Health and Government Operations Committee, Maryland General Assembly in February of this year.

Families need the opportunity to be heard in public hearings because we have not been given adequate information to make informed decisions. The truths about Gardasil and cervical cancer are suppressed. I am not just talking about the controversial adverse reports of embolisms, strokes, motor neuron degeneration, numbness, muscle weakness, paralysis, heart disorders, skin disorders, extreme fatigue, debilitating headaches, recurring dizziness, seizures, and death. I am talking about the plain, unequivocal truth about cervical cancer and the HPV vaccine, Gardasil.

According to the American Cancer Society, the facts about cervical cancer are:

  1. Mortality rates have declined 75% since the Pap test was widely implemented 50 years ago.
  2. There is less than a 1% lifetime risk of developing cervical cancer and less than one quarter of 1% lifetime risk of dying of cervical cancer. This means 3 out of every 100,000 women die from cervical cancer in the U.S. annually.
  3. There are dozens of HPVs that can cause cervical cancer. In 90% of women, HPVs clear up on their own within two years. Of the remaining 10% of HPV infections, only half will develop into cervical cancer. It is only when the HPV virus lingers for many years that abnormal cells could turn into cancer.
  4. The length of time required to develop invasive cervical cancer after identification of precursor lesions averages between 8.1 and 12.6 years, and may take up to 40 years.
  5. Nearly all cervical cancer deaths are preventable by a simple Pap screening and appropriate follow-up.

Had we, as consumers, just been given this factual information when we were told about Gardasil, we would certainly have declined the injections. Why would you get an inoculation you don’t need to prevent something you will most likely never get, which is very treatable if you do get it?

Add to this the unequivocal facts they do not tell you about Gardasil:

  1. The goal of the vaccine is to induce the body to create antibodies for two HPV viruses known to cause cervical cancer, and two HPV viruses that cause genital warts. However, it appears the antibodies drop below therapeutic levels after five years; and therefore, the vaccine would be ineffective without a booster shot.
  2. Gardasil ony addresses two of the dozens of viruses that cause cervical cancer; therefore it is essential to continue to have annual Pap screens to test for cervical cancer.
  3. Gardasil does not cure cervical cancer. Its effectiveness in preventing cervical cancer will not be known for decades.
  4. The rate of reported serious adverse events following shots of Gardasil is greater than the incidence rate of cervical cancer.
  5. The vaccine was fast-tracked by the FDA and was approved in just six months. Because it was fast-tracked, there are no long term safety studies, no studies about the interaction with other vaccines given concomitantly, and no studies about the interaction with birth control pills.
  6. The effect on a fetus, or reproduction is unknown.
  7. The vaccine has not been evaluated for potential to cause carcinogenicity or genotoxicity.

My daughter died from being talked into getting a vaccine she did not need; a vaccine we would have declined if we had been told the truth about risks and benefits.

MORE…

PG

Author: Leslie Carol Botha

Author, publisher, radio talk show host and internationally recognized expert on women's hormone cycles. Social/political activist on Gardasil the HPV vaccine for adolescent girls. Co-author of "Understanding Your Mood, Mind and Hormone Cycle." Honorary advisory board member for the Foundation for the Study of Cycles and member of the Society for Menstrual Cycle Research.