Child Health Safety
May 29. 2009
A feature article published this month in the Public Library of Science A Broken Trust: Lessons from the Vaccine–Autism Wars endeavours to dismiss justified concerns about vaccine safety as by just illogical “anti-vaccine” campaigners with irrational views not based on evidence. It is another sad testimony to the unscientific belief that the majority “consensus” is right when in science the reality is that often it is one person or a very few demonstrating the majority is wrong. The author is Liza Gross, Senior Science Writer/Editor, PLoS Biology, Public Library of Science, San Francisco, California.
One of the feature article’s themes “Evidence-Resistant Theories” has some irony in dismissing well-founded concerns and more so in the light of a much-needed:-
- The issue is Child Health Safety.
- There is no anti-vaccine movement.
- There is evidence of lack of safety and oversight and of children being at risk from vaccines where the risks of the vaccines now seem overwhelmingly to outweigh claimed benefits.
- The hazards are not being investigated or reported properly and are downplayed.
- It is much more than autism.
- We need well-designed properly powered large-scale studies comparing vaccinated to unvaccinated for all health outcomes by truly independent objective unbiased scientists – and including proper clinical data.
- Too many government officials and medical professionals with links to the vaccine makers and the drug industry and their own conflicts of interest refuse to carry out the studies – the inference is they know the studies will not favour their view or else there would be no reason not to carry them out – they would settle the matter
- Their only answer is to create the myth by label libel of an “anti-vaccine movement” and silence all critics.
- The lobbying in the media and at all levels in society has created a quasi-religious belief in the importance of vaccines such that any criticism is silenced in any way possible.
- The evidence base in published journals is no longer reliable and riven with too many papers published by those with financial and related interests.
- The drive to vaccinate the world is not driven by any true health need: [Vaccines Did Not Save Us – 2 Centuries of Official Statistics]
- It is the drug industry changing its business model from the one the financial markets have long known was failing – of blockbuster patented drugs – to others including one like that which made Bill Gates billions – pretty much everyone must have Microsoft’s Windows software on their computer and everyone must be vax’ed
- Money v Child Health Safety.
End of story (sadly)
The vaccinated to unvaccinated comparison studies must be done – there is no reason not to and every reason to do them.
The problem can only be resolved politically but the big players in the drug industry have applied their financial resources to develop and entrench their influence at all levels in the medical professions, in universities and Government over many years.
Only by educating parents, professionals and the media on a large scale can the political machine be directed to address the issues and the problem.