Los Angeles, California, May 10, 2010 — Three women from three countries, Emily Tarsell; United States, Judy Wilyman; Australia, and Freda Birrell; United Kingdom/Scotland are actively educating their respective governments about cervical Gardasil® Cervarix®, and Cervical Cancer.
Emily Tarsell, a mental health therapist who works with adults, adolescents, families and children, lost her only child, Chris, 18 days after her last Gardasil® injection. In February, Tarsell testified about the suppression of factual evidence to the Health and Government Operations Committee of the Maryland General Assembly.
The truths about Gardasil® and cervical cancer are suppressed. I am not just talking about the controversial adverse reports of embolisms, strokes, motor neuron degeneration, numbness, muscle weakness, paralysis, heart disorders, skin disorders, extreme fatigue, debilitating headaches, recurring dizziness, seizures, and death. I am talking about the plain, unequivocal truth about cervical cancer and Gardasil®.
American Cancer Society, Cervical Cancer Facts:
- 1. Mortality rates have declined 75% since Pap test implementation 50 years ago.
- 2. 3 out of every 100,000 women die from cervical cancer in the U.S. annually. Women have less than a 1% lifetime risk of developing cervical cancer and less than one quarter of 1% lifetime risk of dying of cervical cancer.
- 3. Dozens of HPVs can cause cervical cancer. In 90% of women, HPVs clear up within two years. When the virus lingers for years abnormal cells could turn into cancer.
- 4. Length of time required to develop invasive cervical cancer after identification of precursor lesions averages between 8.1 and 12.6 years, andmay take up to 40 years.
- 5. Nearly all cervical cancer deaths are preventable with Pap screening and follow-up.
Facts the public is not told about Gardasil®:
- 1. Vaccine goal is to induce antibody creation for two HPV viruses known to cause cervical cancer, and two HPV viruses that cause genital warts. Follow up suggests that antibodies drop below therapeutic levels after five years – rendering the vaccine ineffective without a booster shot.
- 2. Gardasil® only addresses two of the dozens of viruses that cause cervical cancer. It is essential to continue annual Pap screens to test for cervical cancer.
- 3. Gardasil® does not cure cervical cancer- effectiveness will not be known for decades.
- 4. Rate of reported serious adverse events following Gardasil® injections is greater than rate of cervical cancer.
- 5. Vaccine was fast-tracked by the FDA and approved in six months. No long term safety studies were conducted, or studies regarding interaction with other vaccines administered concomitantly, or with birth control pills.
- 6. Effect on reproduction is unknown.
- 7. Vaccine has not been evaluated for carcinogenic or genotoxic potential.
At the conclusion of the hearing, Tarsell stated: My daughter died from being talked into getting a vaccine she did not need; a vaccine we would have declined if we had been told the truth about risks and benefits. No one has ever died from a Pap test. More information can be found at TruthAboutGardasil.org.